Resources and Forms
- Quick Links & Tutorials
- EDUCATIONAL FEE WAIVER
- MCKINNEY-VENTO HOMELESS EDUCATION ACT
- SECTION 504 PLANS
- SPECIAL EDUCATION
- FACILITIES RENTAL
- Title 1 Parent Compact 2022-23
Quick Links & Tutorials
EDUCATIONAL FEE WAIVER
Child Health Examination
MCKINNEY-VENTO HOMELESS EDUCATION ACT
SECTION 504 PLANS
Release/Exchange of Information
Title 1 Parent Compact 2022-23
Title 1 School-Parent Compact
SCHOOL-PARENT COMPACT 2022-2023
The following document serves as a compact between Hinsdale South High School and the parents and students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (participating children). This Parent Compact outlines how staff, students and parents will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve high academic standards in pursuit of their ideal future.
PARENT COMPACT PROVISIONS
Hinsdale South High School will
1. Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards as follows: Curriculum will be reviewed on a yearly basis and guides will be developed and shared with students and parents. Instruction is provided in a variety of forms and at a variety of levels, based on student achievement levels and the individual needs of the learner.
2. Hold parent-teacher conferences during which staff will be available to discuss this compact as it relates to the individual child’s achievement. Specifically, those conferences will be held in the fall and spring of each academic year.
3. Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s progress. Specifically, the school will provide reports through the Infinite Campus grade reporting system. These reports can be reviewed on a daily basis.
4. Provide parents reasonable access to staff. Specifically, staff will be available for consultation with parents as follows: via email, phone, Infinite Campus access, Curriculum Night, and Parent-Teacher conferences.
5. Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in the school community.
We, as parents, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
● Monitor attendance
● Ensure on time arrival to school
● Ensure that homework is completed and students are academically prepared for each school day
● Participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my children’s education ● Promote positive use of my child’s extracurricular time
● Stay informed about my child’s education and communicate with the school. This includes reading Hinsdale South and District 86 messages and responding when appropriate
● Serving, to the extent possible, on committees, advisory groups, and parent organizations