Are you having a hard time in your world language class? Would you like to work with another student on a regular basis to strengthen your language skills?
If you answered yes to these questions, please use this form to request assistance from a peer tutor in an upper level world language class who is ready and willing to help.
World Language Tutoring Program Expectations
In order for your student to get the most from this experience, we want you to be aware of the expectations we have set for our tutors and the students who are receiving assistance.
- Students must meet at least twice a week for 25 minutes per session. The tutor and student will be paired according to their stated availability.
- Students will receive an email prior to their first session that includes their tutor's name, contact information, and the days and times they are scheduled for tutoring. Students who are participating in this program are expected to check their email on a regular basis.
- All tutoring sessions will occur either before school at 7:30 a.m. or after school at 3:05 p.m. They will typically be held in room 357.
- Students must sign in for each session.
- Three ‘no-shows’ by either the tutor or the client will result in that individual being dropped from the tutoring program.
- Students will exchange phone numbers during their first session. If your child is ill and unable to attend a session, please contact the tutor as soon as possible. We ask you to do this instead of contacting your child's world language teacher because the teacher may not see the tutor prior to the scheduled session.
Please contact department chair Sarah Lombard (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.